Wednesday, January 19, 2011

2002 Horse Privy Mark Silver Maple Leaf

After quite some time of wanting to I finally made my first purchase of a Chinese Zodiac privy mark Silver Maple Leaf. For those of you that don't know, from 1998 until 2009 the Royal Canadian Mint released a series of 12 coins with privy marks to commemorate the signs of the Chinese Zodiac. Each coin was released on a year that coincided with that sign (for example, 2002 was the Year of the Horse).

There was really no real reason why I chose to get the Horse privy first, other than that it was the first coin I had an opportunity to purchase. That probably has to do with the fact that there was a fairly high mintage for this coin, a mintage of 25,000. I think the photo gives a pretty good view of the privy mark but I will make sure to take a video of the coin when a get a few more of the Chinese Zodiac coins (which I plan to in the very near future, since I am going to try and focus my efforts on getting this series of coins).

No comments:

Post a Comment